Occasionally frequent postings on music, films, news; Warning: includes drivel.

09 January 2005

Back in the USSR

Hello all. Back.
This was the first time since 1st year that I had been particularly apprehensive about returning to the flat; for a number of reasons - after the break-in earlier in the year I was concerned that all that would be left would be the chipped plates in the cupboard also I had forgotten to feed to the fish with a slow-release capsule before I left; furthermore this year, more specifically this half of this year, will probably be the busiest I have experienced in my 22 years.

Things to sort out this year:
  1. Medicine wise:

    • Pass finals
    • Do 4th year project
    • organise & go on elective
    • chase record of achievement boxes
    • any other work for each block

  2. Organise wedding and get married
  3. Buy a flat
  4. Later in the year I'll have to start applying for jobs (this I ignore for now)
  5. Not go mad (this may be the most difficult)


So that's not too bad, but quite a lot to start the year off with. Planning and general hard work will probably have to suffice rather than some ingenious plan to ignore everything and hope it falls into place (unless you have any better ideas?)

Anyway, to my surprise the fish managed to survive 3 weeks of not being fed...they must go into some kind of hibernation, clever.
Also the flat was as I had left it before Christmas, another reason to be grateful.

Right, time to unpack and figure out where I'm supposed to go tomorrow.
Happy New Year.

No comments: