Occasionally frequent postings on music, films, news; Warning: includes drivel.

28 December 2004

Post-Christmas roll

Hurrah.
I had a good Christmas/Boxing Day/Post Christmas sleep. I'm not going to go on about the snow, although it made me feel as if I was in a 1940s Christmas film...helping with the Christmas dinner as the snowflakes fell on the revellers below. Added poignancy this year as it may well be the last Christmas morning I wake up in the Maconachie family home; there's probably more room at Helen's house so it's likely we'd stay there next year. After that, who knows where we could end up? But Christmas isn't a time for philosphising, it's a time for sleeping, eating and relaxing.
The best part was seeing relatives (and future relatives) and friends (despite being trounced on both occasions at Risk), watching DVDs (Dave Gorman is a genius, I dare you to disagree) and eating junk food - I'm attempting to have a chocolate free day today. I also got a bit of frisbee in yesterday thanks to the guys from BUG who organised it; consequently my knee has flared up again today.

I have been watching a bit of the aftermath of the tsunami in South East Asia on satellite TV. Many of the people had no warning; I can't even imagine their sense of panic when water suddenly came rushing through their windows and doors.

Brian Wilson - Smile. Odd in places (it was devised in the 60s) but good, quite different to other music I listen to. I also completed my Sufjan Stevens collection by receiving 'Enjoy your Rabbit' for Christmas. I really must finish a compilation CD when I get back to Dundee (perhaps some sort of 'My Best of 2004', consisting of the music I was listening to during 2004, but with a snappier title)

See you in 2005.

No comments: