Occasionally frequent postings on music, films, news; Warning: includes drivel.

16 September 2004

Avoidance syndrome

I have lots of work to do for tomorrow. Why am writing here? Because of what I like to call (but probably subconsciously stolen), "Avoidance syndrome". If I start it then I'll have to stop thinking about all the other things I'd like to be doing. Not sure how to be more disciplined, ah well, stuff that. Here are some of the things I'd rather be doing:

1. Sleeping. I am quite tired after last night and the previous week's ?musical efforts.
2. Eating. I can think of many and various tasty meals to be ingested, all of which take time and effort to prepare.
3. "Rocking the world" or at least doing a wee bit of recording. I enjoy writing songs, taking time to construct each part then screwing it up until it's somehow less listenable (this is what some people call "singing").
4. Playing frisbee. It's been a while since a threw a disc in anger. The fresher's fair is tomorrow, which I'll hopefully attend in order to recruit some bright-eyed, bushy tailed, Freshers.
5. Travelling to somewhere warm and sunny. This should have been first on the list. I wouldn't be tired, hungry or thinking about anything else if it were nice and warm. Perhaps this is merely a hangover from not having seen the sun much this summer and then waking up to find it's winter again. Ah well, I like winter when it's not wet.

Enough enough enuff.

No comments: