Occasionally frequent postings on music, films, news; Warning: includes drivel.

29 November 2004

I wonder what they'll make of me when I'm good and gone

Hello.
I received some sad news this morning; Mum phoned to let me know that my Grandpa had died last night.
It is sad; he was very well up until the last year or so and even yesterday he went out to church as usual. It was less than 2 weeks ago that I last saw him. I worry more about my Granny. She is already very frail and unable to do much for herself. Last week my Grandpa intimated to her that he didn't want to die a long and drawn out death; perhaps this was God's blessing.
I have been reflecting on Myles' post from last week about being thankful. His words, "Thank God for life, and death" struck me at the time and seem even more relevant now. How is it possible to be thankful for this death? I pray that God will use it in some way.
All for now, I don't feel particularly lucid this evening.

2 comments:

colleen said...

I'm so sorry...i just wanted to let you know you're in my prayers.

myleswerntz said...

you are in my prayers, dave.