Occasionally frequent postings on music, films, news; Warning: includes drivel.

02 June 2005

Farewell old smokey

Hello.

After a brief trip back to Belfast over the weekend I have returned to finish my placement in Wishaw. All-in-all it's been pretty good, reasonably busy, fairly useful. This week has been spent with more textbook learning than any of the other weeks so far; not entirely my most favoured learning style, seems overly conducive to dozing off but nevertheless in these times of pre-exam tension it must done.

Thanks to Vic for the link to Asthmatic Kitty where you can get the new Sufjan Stevens album Chicago a full month before it's official release and for minimal expense (£5.77 per album...hence I have bought 4 copies to distribute unevenly).

Also a Happy belated birthday to my brother, Stephen, who has now reached the Grand Old Age of 21. At his gathering we watched the rather good Napoleon Dynamite, excellent at the start, wanes towards the end, but the characters are amusingly dead pan and any film featuring a llama has to be seen.

Back to Dundee tomorrow, so more frequent posting may resume dependent on level of work/actually having something interesting to write about (ok, so the latter hasn't stopped me thus far).

And finally, in a rip off from Ross' site (the mostly excellent Broken Sounds) here are some of the searches that lead to this site:

"caught kissing" - not sure where I even used the word 'kissing'...
"sumo pants" - ah the memories
"of male colon location" - in your abdomen
various "Nickleback" references - oh how I love this band (to be honest (which I'm not being, conversely), they dropped off my musical radar after that Spiderman song)
"pronunciation misunderstanding films" - I might search for this myself...

Signing off

1 comment:

Unavail said...

Dude, I totally got my copy of Illinois a whole three days before it was even supposed to ship! Bonus round!