Occasionally frequent postings on music, films, news; Warning: includes drivel.

09 October 2004

You're a slave to money then you die

Further to my last post about cynical cash-ins, I see that the predictable Christmas Greatest Hits compilations have started to appear. Travis, The Verve and Placebo are all releasing "Singles" compilations, all with the now mandatory "previously unreleased" track or two and tie-in DVD. Again, it's difficult for me to see the appeal, but I dislike most of the work of said groups (Urban Hymns was, however, an integral part of my teenage years, which I refuse to apolgise for, despite the cringe factor now), perhaps if Radiohead were releasing a compilation - this seems a rather unlikely proposition - I'd be slightly more considerate, although I do already have all their albums; perhaps the DVD would hold more water with me.

No comments: