Occasionally frequent postings on music, films, news; Warning: includes drivel.

14 December 2004

It's not going to stop 'til you wise up

Alright?
I didn't make it to the KYTN event...lack of friends hampered my progress. I did, however, watch (between naps) the extended version of Return of the King. I don't know if it's a good thing that I find the extras on the DVD more interesting than the film. 4 and a half hours is an awfully long time. Not that it wasn't good - I enjoyed the twists and turns...perhaps less so with the random "comedy" bits that P. Jackson et al decided to bestow upon the extended version. I missed the extended views of New Zealand scenery that we got in the Two Towers; it seems silly to say that it seems less "real" but that's the feeling I got.
Also:
Magnolia - this was an experience which I was glad I had; I'm not sure if the film was enjoyable as such - much like the Pianist or Schindler's List (in a non-Nazi way) - it was a dark film, but had rich intriguing characters; definitely a film I would watch again - the "plot" is largely irrelevant. Also a great soundtrack from Aimee Mann - integral to the film.
Thirdly:
Burn the Maps is still brilliant. Just in case you didn't know.
And...finally:
Last week of term and not a moment too soon. The fatigue of 4 months is very rapidly catching up with me. Slightly concerned about the Jan-July phase in the new year. Oh well, it can only send me more "insane".
Yes. The Star Wars DVD box set tempts me, but I'm not a huge fan of these "digitally remastered" versions...no Ewok song? Do-do-do ai ai..

Dave.

No comments: