Occasionally frequent postings on music, films, news; Warning: includes drivel.

07 December 2004

You rock rock

Some films -
The Incredibles - good film, decent plot for an animated film, remembering that it is essentially a film for kids.
I 'heart' Huckabees - This was amusing...the plot is relatively guff but Dustin Hoffman and Lily Tomlin form a visually comic partnership and the antics of the repressed aggressive Mark Wahlberg reminded me of an infantile 'Fight Club'. The pseudo-philosophy provided a worthwhile distraction provided you don't take it too seriously. Interesting points about learning by experience. I can see why people wouldn't like it- depends on your tolerance of pretension.
Speaking of pretension - this sounds interesting:
Kill Your Timid Notion
In Dundee's Contemporary Arts Centre - an attempt to marry experimental music with experimental film. Just the kind of thing I like. £8 for a day...I'd feel a bit lonely going on my own.
Underdeveloped thoughts there again, but I'm far too lazy to write anything detailed - and the effort of excavating long forgotten biochemistry is sucking my imagination.

Listening to James Yorkston & the Athletes - Just Beyond the River.

No comments: